Andy Robert | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Labels: cloud backup solutions
What is cloud backup? It is just an activity that involves data backup to a remote cloud based server. As being a type of cloud storage, cloud backup data is usually stored in and, therefore, accessible from multiple distributed but connected resources made up of a cloud. Why are these solutions important for your business? Enterprise cloud backup solutions usually enable businesses and individuals to store computer files and data on the Internet with the help of a storage service provider instead of storing them locally on a disk such as tape backup or hard drive. Normally, cloud backup providers allow customers to access the services of the provider remotely using a secure login application so as to backup data and files from the computers or data centres of the customers to the on-line storage server through an encrypted connection.
You probably know now exactly what to expect when you invest in a cloud backup solution. What are some of the factors that you need to keep into consideration? When shopping for the best backup solution in the market, you may want to keep the following factors into consideration.
When it comes to enterprise cloud backup solutions, the manner in which the service is charged usually varies widely, and this makes it hard to make price comparisons. For instance, some storage service providers usually charge per gigabyte depending on the usage while others charge based on gigabyte ranges. The key thing is to pay attention to the hidden costs. These hidden costs usually come in the form of licensing charges per device, cost per every device backed up and the prevalent minimum charges per month for retaining an account. Nevertheless, price should not be entirely the deciding factor. Perhaps the most important factor to keep into considerations is the features of the backup solutions.
2. Back Up features
Andy Robert | Wednesday, 26 February 2014 | Labels: cloud computing
Why Cloud Computing:
Cloud Computing is indeed changing the face of College Admission in a number of interesting, efficient and indispensable ways. The first thing that must be remembered is that CAP is indeed becoming a very challenging and onerous task, since not only the sheer volume of applications are mounting with each passing year, but other aspects provided by aspiring candidates also need to be considered, like transcripts, Letters of Recommendations, Essays, test scores and other demographic evidence gained from ACT and College Board. Physical scrutiny of large number of pouring applications is indeed a daunting and overwhelming task, further complicated by admissions rules and regulatory regimes and a host of other procedural demands.
Virtual online folder concept:
Enter, Cloud Computing into the area of CAP. The most obvious thing that CC aided process does is in terms of offering an electronic virtual folder in which all data and pictures are uploaded by the candidate. Through this virtual folder it is possible to gain and pass on needed data and information between the Admission Officer, his office and the candidate, as and when required and the need for any kind of physical documentation or others is indeed minimal. Thus ensures security, confidentiality and safety of the data and also easy access, retrieval and archiving. The data and documents that are stored are easily accessible by anybody who has the requisite and required permission to access through User Name and Password. CC indeed obviates the need for the Admission Officer to scan through tons and tons of endless application data, and the preservation and archiving of physical documents. Besides, when using virtual documents, all unwanted and rejected applications could be immediately deleted and the need for physical storage is reduced to the barest minimum.
How Cloud Computing renders cost, time and effort efficiencies:
Software add-ons and software architecture in a cloud based system determines that the required documents are gained, checked and evaluated and matched with University demands within the system itself. Only applications that are able to move over every single admission barrier is passed through. After the confirmed virtual application passes through all the routes electronically, it is put in queue of the Admission Officer, for further processing and decision making. Another major benefit of Cloud Computing aids is that any particular virtual application could be evaluated from anywhere, anytime if permission and web access is gained. Cloud Computing greatly reduces the risks of human error and bias to the barest minimum. If the candidate is selected through cloud computing, it could be 100% sure that the application meets all criteria and requirements needed for this procedure.
In the times to come, it is evident that Cloud Computing would be the be-all- and end-all of Admission Procedures in major, esteemed and popular Centers of Learning. It is not only useful and convenient tool but also does away with a great deal of inconsistencies, malpractices, biasedness and errors in the admission process. It really makes sure those only eligible and deserving candidates are allowed permission to gain admission in reputed institutions of learning.
Cloud computing is one of the most advanced technologies that have a significant impact in business and economic models today. It provides provisional information technology that helps in saving cost to a large extent. It is the most popular and preferred web application for many global businesses. Also, there are many benefits linked to it, such as it improves the deployment time to apply, cooperative demand during crests, aligning the budgets for IT according to the demand of the application, delivering the application without raising the budget and risk to any data centre. To get full advantages of cloud computing, it is crucial to look for the best and proficient cloud solutions providers who are reliable and expert in providing solutions. But it is necessary to look for all aspects when seeking a professional provider for cloud solutions such as -
- Cloud solutions providers must be able to serve and deliver services in an appropriate manner and on time.
- The service provider must have proper knowledge of private and public cloud services. Also, they should provide services that must be affordable for all kinds of businesses.
- A good provider must be proficient in providing a reliable and secured environment to its clients in scalable and cost-effective manner.
- The providers should have a sound and precise knowledge of the latest technology to offer the best services according to the market standard.
- These providers must be available 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week to a website by using diverse platforms and devices for the cloud environment.
- A proper technical support is also crucial in order to get instant solutions regarding the cloud service. As if the clients face any issues, they should be capable of contacting the service providers and get the accurate information and answers of their queries instantly.
Good cloud solutions providers always ensure to provide quality of service on time. So it is important to look at background history of cloud service providers to understand their way of working and the type of quality they can offer. Whether you are looking for private cloud or public cloud services, it is necessary to make sure that the service providers are able to give the best services in terms of both quality and cost. After analyzing all these issues, you can go ahead and finalize the best service provider for cloud computing services.
Enterprise cloud solutions are designed with commercial appeal in mind. They provide features of cloud computing in a managed environment for the business to implement in its operations. These solutions are provided to the companies at a premium cost. The public cloud, on the other hand, is a network of freely accessible resources that are accessed over the internet. There is no charge for accessing and using these resources. There has been debate over whether enterprise or public solutions are best for business. The reality is that cost should not be the sole factor in making this decision. Here are some advantages only available on enterprise solutions.
One, enterprise solutions grant their user a higher level of control and customization. The business that has implemented cloud computing as part of its information technology infrastructure needs a reasonable level of control. Public solutions offer low levels of customization. Features are decided on generic appeal, and users are only able to change few things of relative unimportance. Enterprise solutions provide their users with a lot of control. They get an interface through which they can interact with the infrastructure and change the settings of the same. Furthermore, at premium prices, they can seek for the solution to be customized to the specific needs of their interest or company.
Two, enterprise means better security and confidentiality. For a business, the ability to secure its data and transactions is fundamental to success. The current economy has shifted to a focus on data. The company needs a system where the cloud created is not accessible by anyone. Public access means that it is much easier for unscrupulous individuals to gain access through hacking the system.
Three, enterprise solutions are more reliable and stable. Public services are provided with a less strict service level agreement. Since there is no consideration paid to the provider, there is little the business can do except complain or switch providers. Enterprise solutions have extremely strict service level agreements. These agreements provide guarantees for the business over service delivery. This is because they create contractual obligations with appropriate channels for enforcement. The contractual nature of the relationship means that stability and reliability of the enterprise cloud is maintained.
While a public cloud may have the advantage of being free, it is not suitable for use in a business. Should the business require more resources, requesting them on a public service would be difficult; this is why enterprise is better for business use.
The era of cloud computing has arrived. When it comes to cloud computing and using cloud servers, there are a number of computing models that can be used. What model your business uses will depend what your business computing philosophy is centered on, as well as the primary needs dictated by your industry and any relevant government regulations on how your data is managed. There are basically three primary types of cloud hosted program models available: You have the low cost public cloud hosting servers and high cost dedicated servers. In the middle of these two services is what is known as managed cloud hosting.
Managed hosting is the use of cloud servers or shared servers that can be purchased in increments or virtual servers, which can be purchased one at a time. The focus of managed hosting is to create availability and provide a certain level of security. With managed hosting, availability and security are placed ahead of cost considerations as they are rated higher on the priority scale.
Below you will find a list of five benefits of using cloud servers with managed hosting that justify why you should choose managed hosting.
1. The Automation of Fail-over & Resource Balancing – The resource and fail over balancing that is performed between the hardware hosts is handled through an automated process that is facilitated by the integrated VMware that provides the virtualization technology for cloud computing model. This automated system provides the capacity for failover protection, as well as the ability to maintain and update the hardware without the use of a maintenance window.
2. High Availability – The managed cloud is designed and constructed around the high availability model of the private cloud architecture. The required redundancy is integrated into the model through multiple hosts.
3. Hybridize (Physical Servers) – Managed hosting with cloud servers produces the capability for database engines that require physical servers to perform specific functions and still share their dedicated network with a cloud server. This creates a hybrid that is composed of both, physical servers and cloud servers.
4. Network Security – When utilizing the managed hosting, your company has the capability to install secure VLANs, IDS/IPS and firewalls, all of which would be dedicated. This allows for the delivery of an extremely high level of security that is normally characteristic of private cloud solutions.
5. Cost Effective – Surprising to most, managed cloud solutions are just as cost effective as the majority of public cloud models, when implemented on a monthly basis, instead or renting by the hour. This allows your company to gain the security and availability benefits of managed hosting on cloud servers while enjoying its low cost benefits.